Updated: Mar 12, 2021
This last week and weekend, I had the opportunity to work with the Audi Group on their cars during one of their annual event where the top 5% of their dealers from all around United States showed up. My task was simple but with a twist: shine the cars to pristine show car finish spending no more than 1 hour on each car. Hence, I had to improvise and deviate from traditional Wash and Wax methods. So, here's a wash method that I used with great success to clean up the cars and bring them to a shine all in one wash step. This method was a life saver and also later allowed me to pay attention to cleaning wheels, dressing tires and wiping down windows. Here's what you need:
1oz. Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax
1-2oz. Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax
2 Five Gallon Buckets
6 Plush Microfiber Cloths (The more the better!)
1 Gallon Distilled Water
Note: The car need to be in very good to excellent condition in order for this method to work properly and not instill more scratches. Always inspect the car before washing and buffing. Clay bar treatment and pre-treating the car may be needed if above surface contaminants are lodged onto the paint. Avoid washing in direct sunlight. 6 plush microfiber cloth are enough to clean 1 car but you may have enough soap and wax solvent for washing 2-4 cars.
1. Pour distilled water into the bucket.
2. Add Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax and Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax into the Water. Agitate and activate the Wax and Shampoo.
3. Soak 2-4 Microfiber Wash Cloths into the wash mixture.
4. Starting from the top, use the plush side of the microfiber cloth perform the first pass by gliding over one panel while using the non-plush side to do a second pass over the same panel. The panel may look as below. If you are in the shade and depending on how dirty the car is, you may be able to cover half the car.
5. Once it looks streaky like the picture above, use a dry microfiber towel to buff it off to a streakless shine.
6. Continue to repeat this process till you wash the entire car, including wiping and buffing the wheels and windows. Discard the microfiber towel into the empty second bucket after doing 1-2 panels or you see contaminants on the towel. If the car is in extremely good condition, you may need only 2 wash towels and 2 buff towels. Here are some results:
This method works really well not just because it's quick and easy but also because it can be done anywhere. It uses only 1 gallon of water and consumes no electricity. Hence, it's perfect for a show car look when on a time crunch. The extra carnauba and volatility of the Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax makes this process easy and streak-free while leaving a deep and wet look.
What do you think? Please leave a comment if you enjoyed the read and feel free to share it!